Many names have known VFW Camp Trotter for Children, but most fondly known as Camp Trotter. Named after Ralph Trotter, who donated the property, we have continued his passion for creating fond summer memories since 1949. Ralph Trotter was a WWI veteran and a past VFW Department of Michigan Commander (1934-35); he had named the camp VFW Buddy Poppy Camp. We have continued to grow since our humble beginnings and now operate with eight buildings and our historic dining hall. These buildings overlook Bills Lake in Newaygo, Michigan, right off North 131.